Introducing our youngsters to exercise at an early age encourages them to build healthy habits for life. Harvard University have done studies on the effects of dancing on the body and brain. Do you need any other reason to consider starting your little one in a dance class? Tappy Toes run active dance and movement classes for children aged 6 months to 5 years. Our baby and toddler classes are specifically designed to instill a life long love of dance and movement into your little dancer.
MOTOR SKILLS • SOCIAL SKILLS • MUSICALITY • CONFIDENCE • POSTURE • CO-ORDINATION
Focusing on motor-skills,social skills, musicality & confidence
What we're all about...
Claire Greenwood, Mother of 2 and Creator and Founder of Tappy Toes, has been dancing since the age of three.
Claire trained at Laine Theatre Arts, Epsom, Surrey, on a three year musical theatre course. She gained Distinctions in Ballet, Modern and Tap ISTD Teaching Associates, and an Anatomy Diploma, and has been teaching dance since she was 16 years old.
A professional dancer from 1998- 2010, she performed with major pop artists including Destiny’s Child, KT Tunstal and Catherine Jenkins. In west end venues, the Royal Albert Hall and the London Palladium, and in countless hair and fashion shows for companies including Marks and Spencer, Levis, Clarks, Wella and L’Oreal. She appeared on Top of the Pop’s, MTV, the Brit Awards, a series for ITV1, and a cinema and TV campaign for Lynx.
She is now an accomplished choreographer having worked on adverts for the Olympics 2012, Moshi Monsters and Lumi Jewellery, and on TV shows including CBeebies, Nuzzle and Scratch, ITV1s Wedding Dances and a Teachers TV series.
With over 15 years of teaching experience behind her, Claire created Tappy Toes baby and toddler classes in order to develop imagination, build confidence, improve coordination and inspire creativity in your youngsters, and to provide a fun but controlled environment for parent/carer and toddler to bond.
Claire also runs Rise Studios, providing dance and drama classes to all ages in Rickmansworth and Watford, Hertfordshire.
Tappy Toes runs dance classes in nurseries all over the country for 6 months to 4 year olds. Tappy Toes classes are enjoyed by babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers alike! If you’d like a free demo session at your nursery please get in touch! Download our nursery information pack below.
Some of our Testimonials...
- “Everything about Tappy Toes is brilliant – the music, movement, and high energy levels. The teacher is fabulous.”
– Dad of Ethan aged 3 –
- “The classes are really energetic and brilliantly structured my kids both love it”
– Vicky from Rickmansworth –
- “The teacher is simply brilliant keeping the kids well and truly moving”
– Nicky from Watford –
- “I don’t know who enjoyed the class more me or my granddaughter”
– Valerie, a grandmother from Bushey –
- “My child loves the character dance, she’s a big fan of Winnie Pooh”
– Julie from Hemel –
- “I like how the teacher knows every child’s name and how she praises and encourages Leon individually.”
– Mum of Leon aged 2½ –
- “My child enjoys everything about a Tappy Toes class, except going home.”
– Mum of Abigail aged 2 –
- “Thank you Tappy Toes for a fantastic birthday party. I’ve never seen 15 three year olds so engrossed! The pom-poms were a particular favourite.”
– Amanda, Epping –